Sunday, May 25, 2014

Ireland 2.0

Day 2 festivities.

Today was our second day here and another free day.  This morning we went to Howth and had a great morning checking out the scenery there.  We spent time on the water and then checked out a local Catholic church.  We might a cute couple there that had been together for over 45 years, and they had toured much of the U.S.  They gave us some really good tips and insights.  It was inspiring to be in their presence and hear some of what they had to say.  We then caught a quick bite to eat, I had a delicious open faced crab sandwich.  All the food was so fresh and we really found out how cool of a wharf Howth is and also its quite beautiful there.

To sum up the afternoon, we came back into town and purchased our tickets for the soccer match this afternoon.  The match didn't start until 6, so we came back and had some time to kill before going back to the stadium.  I found a cool cafe and had a great cup of cappuccino in the afternoon and also did a little shopping for some necessities.  The game was so much fun and the stadium is very impressive.  I really enjoyed the stadium and the atmosphere.  Alas, I would recommend that anyone visiting Ireland should try to attend a soccer match and I hope to do it again soon!  The one different thing about attending a game in Ireland, you cannot take a beer you buy in stadium to your seat.  Very different from the U.S. where they not only let you, but also try to sell it to you with vendors that walk up and down the stairs.  Although I don't miss the vendors much!  After the game we all went and had some authentic Italian Gelato, my fav!  I couldn't help myself and went for two scoops, one flavor was a berry cheesecake and the other was white nutella.  Now I am back at the hotel after all this typing away and getting ready for what tomorrow holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment